Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Thursday, April 12, 2012

It isn't climbing but it is life

I recently have had a hard time keeping  much of my private life out of the blog.  No one but me interested anyway.  I would rather write about and concentrate on new gear and amazing climbs and  spectacular skiing..

Today for the first time in months I was able to get a run in.  Hard to not celebrate that!  So I look back to see just how much I do have to celebrate.  It is a lot.

But there is a dark side that needs to be looked at aired out and retold as well.  Not a picture I would ever look at if I wasn't painting it.  But now I think we all should,  I am the lucky one.  But there are thousands who aren't so lucky.

Maybe this will help just one.  Even if it is just me.  But I had to put it some where just to keep me sane!

http://enhancenotdefine.blogspot.com

The picture below is the artist's  proof of a print I am having made up for my Oncology Dept.  No question the eventual poster and leading this climb have been part of my healing process.



 



6 comments:

PurpleJesus1994 said...

That must have felt really really really good.

I wish for you many many more.

Gear:30 said...

Super psyched on your recovery, Dane, and equally so on your attitude. You may feel that your 'healing' activities are for yourself (and of course they are), but we're all inspired by it and benefit from it. Thanks for sharing. Keep on climbing (in every aspect of your life). It is truly inspiring.

JP-7 said...

Dane, thanks for your inspiring comments and wishing you further recovery. My mother had cancer a couple of years ago and is also cancer free and she continues to run amazing marathons. I will share your story with her--I think she will really relate to it. Keep on sharing your climbing stories and your gear reviews--I love em!
All the best,
-Jon-Paul

Jon Miller said...

Dane,
Glad you are still with us and pushing on. Life has a nasty habit of taking away, we always need to push back.

Climb on

jon

Robert Lerner said...

Inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Dane,

Best wishes to you in your recovery. I'm a head and neck surgeon with climbing aspirations, and I definitely have seen the tough road that you have traveled of late. Attitude makes such a huge difference in survival, and it seems that you have that covered! ;)

Love your blog, keep up the good work!

MH