Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Four types of skis, part One?

I've had a lot of people ask lately.  Here is how I split up my own skiing.  I have a lot of hammers around the house and shop.  Everyone different and best used for a specific task.  They are how ever just tools.  I look at skis the same way, they are just tools.  I like to use the best tool for the job.

Any hammer will do in a pinch as will any ski.  Much of it is the skill of the user, right?  But having the right tool at the right time can make work into play and even play much more fun.

In Part Two I'll show the ski I use and tell you where I use them.

Climbing





Alpine touring








Skiing on and off piste







Big mtn "lift" served


Chamonix Steep Skiing Camp 2010 from Smart Guides on Vimeo.








No comments: