Pageviews past week

The cold world of alpine climbing.

The cold world of alpine climbing.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New route on the Jorasses?

Exciting for me to meet really active climbers through the Cold Thistle hammers.

I was forunate to have Olov ask for my last set of hammers as I left Chamonix last spring.

He has be doing a lot of climbing that I keep track of through his blog which is among few I follow.

http://olovisaksson.blogspot.com/

Congradulations Olov!

Grandes Jorasses expert Luca Signorelli wrote to Olov:


"It looks like you did the continuation of Cristal Palace originally missed by Ivano. I doubt it has been ever climbed the way you did, but the problem with the R flank of the North Face is that it had a lot of undocumented or poorly documented activity by locals. You may safely claim it as a major variant and see what happens! Keep in mind that there's a lot left to do on GJ particularly on the Italian side, so a new route claim.wouldn't sound outrageous! "


No comments: