Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Boreal's new and...REALLY sticky rubber!

I have been a big fan of Boreal since day one in the USA.  Every first ascent I have done on rock but two and EVERY solo worth mentioning I did in Boreals.  You'll hear more about the Ice Mutant fruit boot I have been using later in the fall as the temps drop.  But here is a primer on the new rubber on my boots and on the newest rock shoes. Some pretty amazing stuff!.


Yuji Hirayama on Boreal - UKC/UKH at OutDoor 2011 from UKClimbing.com TV on Vimeo.

3 comments:

marcello said...

yes it looks quite sticky, but how do they wear? does this stickiness only appear as a residue or outer layer of the rubber? I will have to see it in my hands and try them to believe it.

Dane said...

Marcello, let me know what you think. My Mutants are sticky but they aren't a rock shoe either.

Having spent money on having shoes resoled even before first touching the rock in them I am always skeptical. But some real possibility here if the wear and edge hold is acceptable.

marcello said...

if i ever get a pair I will let you know